We're hiring a...
Class AZ Dry Van Operator
Class AZ Dry Van Operator
Mississauga, ON, CA
Clean Harbors Mississauga, ON is looking for a Class AZ Dry Van Operator to join their safety conscious team! This Driver will operate Van Trailer, Liquid Tankers, and Roll-off Trucks. This position is responsible for the transportation of hazardous waste from a generator/facility to a Clean Harbors facility and/or an outside disposal facility adhering to Ministry of Transportation/Transport Canada and the transportation of dangerous goods act (TDGA) hazardous waste regulations. This position may require up to 10% travel annually.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages and opportunity for overtime hours;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group RRSP with company matching component;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Ensure proper loading and unloading of hazardous waste/non-hazardous waste;
- Drive unit to and from client sites;
- Adhere to weight limits and ensure proper utilization of Company equipment;
- Maintain, clean and ensure equipment is mechanically sound and in good working order at all times;
- Responsible for the proper placarding of vehicles to meet Company and TDGA requirements/regulations;
- Responsible for maintaining daily logs, worksheets timecard, expense reports, dispatch & trip reports and vehicle inspection reports;
- Comply with Company policies & procedures and Health & Safety procedures, Ministry of Transportation (MTO) and Transport Canada, Reg 347 and TDGA;
- Yard duties, prepping trucks, and other tasks as required;
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Ability to travel up to 10% annually;
- Valid Class AZ License required;
- 1+ years driving experience required;
- Ability to drive up to an 18 speed manual transmission;
- TDG (Transportation of Dangerous Goods) preferred;
- Previous experience with Dry Van / Van Trailer required;
- Experience operating roll-offs, lugers and/or vacuum tankers is an asset;
- Previous experience hauling hazardous waste an asset.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483)
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
Clean Harbors welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.