We're hiring a...
Environmental Program Manager
Environmental Program Manager
Thorold, ON, CA
The Environmental Program Manager known internally as an InSite Program Manager leads and manages a team of employees in supporting the execution of a client’s environmental management program. The InSite Program Manager serves as the client’s main contact and primary interface with Clean Harbors on a daily basis. They are responsible for and manage the client’s hazardous waste program.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Establish baseline audit protocol for all new waste programs; Communicate and document scope of compliance parameters for each Project location.
- Adhere to Health and Safety Practices of at all times while on site; Communicate H&S feedback with technical Services H&S efforts upon request, including data capture, site review, and delivery of training content if needed.
- Support the response to environmental compliance issues, including accident/ incident investigation, agency requests and unscheduled incidents.
- Work with Program Director, site Program Manager, and other company resources as needed to provide follow-up and to ensure that corrective actions are tracked; Disseminate “Lessons learned” for benefit of program and internal company audience as appropriate; Provide written documentation of audit results and corrective action plans.
- Conduct facility wide compliance audits to include inspections of staging, accumulating and storage areas to ensure proper housekeeping procedures and compliance.
- Provide waste tracking reports as needed.
- Manage waste storage area and ensure that material is properly packaged, profiled and labeled prior to shipment
- Assist with analyzing and preparing shipments of waste to lowest cost off-site TSDF or ultimate treatment facility and assist with lab packing wastes to off-site TSDF or ultimate treatment facilities.
- Coordinate scheduling and associated preparation of hazardous or non-hazardous waste shipments from site.
- Waste Minimization planning
- High School diploma or equivalent required (B.S. in Chemistry, Biology, or Environmental Science preferred)
- 3+ years of environmental experience
- 2+ years of experience running a hazardous waste program
- 2+ years of managing a staff preferred
- Management experience in areas of budgets, record keeping, supervision, planning and liability
- Ability to develop and deliver training materials and programs related to environmental health, safety, and hazardous materials management
- Familiarity with regulatory status requirements of Small and Large Quantity Generators, such as RCRA, DOT etc.
- Must be oncall for after hour work on a rotating basis
- 40-hour OSHA training
- CHMM certification preferred. Must be able to pass hazardous waste competency exam
- Requires sitting, standing, walking, puling and/or pushing, stooping and crouching.
- Requires lifting, carrying, grasping, speaking and listening.
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout North America. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies. Through its Safety-Kleen subsidiary, Clean Harbors also is a premier provider of used oil recycling and re-refining, parts washers and environmental services for the small quantity generator market.
Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts, Clean Harbors has waste disposal facilities and service locations throughout the United States and Canada, as well as Mexico and Puerto Rico.We offer competitive salaries and progressive benefits including health, dental, life insurance, 401K, generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement and more. We offer a drug free work environment and require a pre-employment drug screen. All Applicants are subject to pre-employment security background checks, and some positions may require pre-employment physical fitness for duty tests.
Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Some positions also require a pre-hire medical exam. Must meet all work eligibility requirements. Environmentally-responsible business.