We're hiring a...
Supervisor - Industrial Services
Supervisor - Industrial Services
Breslau, ON, CA
Based out of Burlington, ON, our Supervisor - Industrial Services will provide intercompany regional support across various lines of business including Technical, Field and Industrial Services. This position will have the candidate report to the Safety-Kleen Refinery on a daily basis which includes the supervision of 2 Environmental Technicians.
In addition to ensuring that all health and safety requirements are adhered to, this role will be responsible for supervising crews performing tasks associated with high pressure water blasting, tank cleaning, hazardous waste clean-up in a refinery or plant-based setting and emergency response work. You will also be tasked with ensuring that the job is completed on time and within budget. This is a physically intensive position that may require up to 20% travel within the Eastern Canada region and up to 3-4 weeks away at a time based on business demands.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group RRSP with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Works with the dispatchers in the allocation of manpower, equipment, and other resources needed for the next day
- Organizes crews, delegates job responsibilities, and verifies that the appropriate equipment is available and on-site to complete the project/job
- Works on an on-call rotation and responds quickly and immediately to requests
- Trains and mentors’ technicians and provide input to the general management regarding performance evaluations for individuals to whom this position has direct supervision;
- Reports work-related accidents and incidents to supervision in a timely manner;
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 4+ years of industrial related experience required (i.e. hydro blasting, tank cleaning, emergency response and hazardous waste handling)
- Previous leadership experience in a Foreman or Supervisory capacity
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the year, up to 3-4 weeks away from home as business demands require
- Ability and willingness to work in a physically intensive role
- Ability to wear a respirator as required
- TWIC Card strongly preferred, or ability to obtain upon hire.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors?
Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
Clean Harbors welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.