We're hiring a...
Lead Hand Mechanic
Lead Hand Mechanic
Fort McMurray, AB, CA
Our Fort McMurray, AB location is looking for a Lead Hand Mechanic. This position will be responsible for supervising the operation of the maintenance workshop including vehicle and equipment repairs, safety, inventory management, employee supervisor & mentorship, record keeping, and maintenance computer systems. This position may be required to work overtime and will be responsible to maintain company equipment both in the branch office/yard as well as to respond to service calls in various remote locations and client sites.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!;
- Competitive hourly wage;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments.
- Ensure that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Lead, train, and mentor a growing and developing team;
- Perform preventative maintenance, conducts inspections, troubleshoots, diagnoses failures & deficiencies & performs necessary corrections;
- Assign work to other mechanics and update the status of repair orders;
- Respond to internal customer service calls and discuss maintenance and repair decisions;
- Maintain budget guidelines on materials, supplier, inventory, fleet maintenance repairs, fixed costs, and overtime;
- Ensure the shop area is kept clean, tidy and free of hazards at all times;
- Ensures that work meets all applicable Health and Safety Standard Operating Procedures.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Journeyman Mechanic Certification - Heavy Duty Preferred;
- Minimum 3 + years’ experience as a mechanic;
- Minimum 3 + years’ supervisory experience preferred;
- 1 + years of experience managing in a shop environment preferred;
- Hydrovac experience an asset;
- CVIP License;
- Computer skills & previous quoting experience (repairs).
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at careers.cleanharbors.com.
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.