We're hiring a...
Facility Technician II
Facility Technician II
Mississauga, ON, CA
The Chemical Handler (known internally as a 'Facility Technician II') performs hands-on operations at our Mississauga, ON facility and will join the Teamsters 419 union. This position is responsible for: drum movement, truck loading/unloading, and proper inventory warehousing.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group RRSP with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensures that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Operates forklift to move materials around on pallets;
- Loads/unloads trucks in compliance with segregation requirements and performs sampling as required;
- Performs drum pumping and feeds drums into industrial shredder;
- Performs tank farm pumping;
- Completes required paperwork for waste tracking/inventory;
- Performs small lab packing jobs under supervision;
- Other duties/housekeeping tasks as required.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- HS diploma or equivalent;
- Previous experience in a labor-intensive position;
- Related hazardous waste handling experience is an asset;
- Ability to work in adverse environments (cold/heat);
- Forklift certification required;
- Ability to use RF scanner;
- Mechanically inclined and ability to troubleshoot equipment/pumps;
- Must be safety conscious at all times!
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com.
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
Clean Harbors welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.