We're hiring a...
Fort McMurray, AB, CA
Our Fort McMurray, AB (98DLO) location is currently looking for experienced Hydrovac Operators to join our team. The successful candidates will be responsible for operating units in performing Daylighting excavation activities associated with pipeline, construction, utility, and oil terminal work.
Why work for Lonestar?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Preference given to local talent, but camp is available!
- Generous Northern Living Allowance for locals and Travel Allowance for non-locals!
- 21 Shifts on 14 Shifts off work rotation
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career!
- Positive and safe work environments!
- Full benefits package after 30 days of full time employment!
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Attends daily safety meetings and ensures all tasks are completed in a safe and efficient manner;
- Drives and operates hydrovac units;
- Completing tasks associated with Daylighting excavation, trenching and shoring;
- Performs pre and post trip inspections;
- Maintains and updates driver’s log book;
- Communicates with dispatchers and supervisors throughout the day;
- Mechanically inclined and able to diagnose minor problems and relay them back to our Maintenance Hub;
- Work as part of a team with customers, coworkers & supervisors.
- Completing all required paperwork on a daily basis;
- General clean-up and maintenance of units upon completion of the job.
What does it take to work for Lonestar?
- Minimum of one (1) year previous experience operating Hydrovac units.
- Previous experience in a Labour intensive position, working on pipeline, plant site environment, daylighting electrical, trenching, shoring box, working in confined spaces, at heights and in all types of weather conditions;
- Minimum of one (1) year previous Oil & Gas, Construction, and Utilities experience;
- Previous experience working in Municipal and remote areas;
- Minimum Class 3 driver’s license with a clean 5-year driver’s abstract;
- Previous experience in a labour intensive position and working in all types of weather conditions;
- Safety-tickets – OSSA Confined Space and Fall Arrest, CSO (or equivalent), H2S Alive, First Aid, and Ground Disturbance are an asset;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and mentor swamper(s) in a team and safety focused environment.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
Lonestar West Inc., a Clean Harbors Company, provides high quality hydro vac and vacuum truck services across North America. Lonestar is an innovator that has become an industry leader in both safety and efficiency.
Best in class equipment, along with experienced and dedicated operators, and an experienced management team who play a hands-on role in day-to-day operations, is what sets us apart from the competition. Our commitment to safety is ingrained in our corporate culture and our track record speaks for itself.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.