We're hiring a...
Fort McMurray, AB, CA
Our Suncor Base Plant site in Fort McMurray, AB is currently looking for an experienced Yard Technician to join the team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the performance of tasks associated with packaging and consolidating waste, forklift operation and handling of hazardous materials on a customer site.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages based on experience and skills for this permanent full-time position;
- 7 Shifts on 7 Shifts off work rotation;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group RRSP with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Conduct chemical bulking/consolidation as required;
- Proper packaging of waste to maximize efficiency and maintain compliance;
- Inspect drums for container integrity and regulatory compliance
- Safe loading and unloading of waste hauling vehicles;
- Operate forklift in a safe manner;
- Ensure work area maintained in a neat and orderly manner;
- Assist with additional tasks as requested by the supervisor.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Class 3 Driver’s License preferred;
- Minimum of 2+ years industrial/hazardous waste experience preferred;
- Forklift Certification preferred;
- Safety tickets preferred: TDG, WHMIS, First Aid and H2S;
- Attention to detail, able to take and follow directions and multi-task;
- Ability to work with Window Based applications and interact with Customers on a daily basis;
- Must be local to Fort McMurray, AB.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.