We're hiring a...
Plant General Manager
Plant General Manager
Brampton, ON, CA
The Plant General Manager (PGM) of a Contract Packaging & Blending facility that reports to the SVP of Supply Chain and Operations. The PGM leads a team of 40 employees and is directly responsible for the management/oversight of a contract blending and packaging facility that is labor intensive with semi-automated production lines. He/She is a hands-on, roll-up your sleeves Leader that enjoys the close knit environment of a small plant. The PGM promotes a strong culture of employee engagement and uses their excellent interpersonal skills to engage with the workforce in problem solving. This leader is directly accountable for ensuring that plant employees are uncompromising in the areas of safety, environmental compliance, quality and productivity on a daily basis. The PGM utilizes their collaborative leadership style to work with the workforce to drive continuous improvement efforts and drive operational excellence.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group RRSP with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Be a highly visible leader by being a consistent presence on the shop floor engaging with the workforce and getting to know them beyond what their jobs are at work.
- Builds a Vision for the site that excites the workforce and motivates them to bring all of themselves to the workplace because they can see how they contribute to its delivery.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by exhibiting a personal commitment to the policies, processes, and regulatory requirements and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Ensures all Environmental Compliance requirements are met including, but not limited to Air Permits, SPCC, SWPPP, FRP, and Waste Management.
- Maintains a high standard of housekeeping (cGMPs & 5S) at all times. Always tour ready.
- Ensures customer satisfaction by maintaining the targeted OTIF for outbound shipments
- Understands and executes the blending and packaging manufacturing strategy while developing and executing the capital plans.
- Understands the ISO 9000 Quality Standard and ensures that all aspects of the standard are addressed and met within the site Quality Management System.
- Provides hands on leadership and management of the blending and packaging operations, while optimizing production costs and maintaining product quality.
- Never puts production ahead of Safety and Quality.
- Monitors manufacturing progress against targets and objectives and provides summary reports of project status, key performance indicators and operations status.
- Responsible for inventory management and distribution activities at the manufacturing site.
- Develops continual improvement plans and uses the plant workforce to develop creative solutions to advance the plant’s performance.
- Works with the workforce to conduct root cause analysis and implement corrective actions as necessary.
- Works with Product Management, Purchasing, Technical, Quality, Sales and Marketing to commercialize new products.
- Delivers best-in-class operational performance by engaging with the workforce to drive process standardization, continuous improvement, and best practice sharing.
- Trains, motivates, and develops plant personnel
- Conducts appropriate annual and semi-annual performance evaluations.
- Delivers the P&L (OPEX & EBITDA)
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is preferred
- MBA is a plus
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership in the area of safety
- 5+ years’ in manufacturing plant operations in roles of increasing responsibility
- 3+ years’ experience in plant management as Plant Manager or as an Operations/Production Manager in a small plant (40 people or less).
- Management experience in a Contract Packaging & Blending facility strongly preferred.
- Has a passion for small plant operations and understands the intimacy of working in this type of close knit environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and passion for people engagement and developing employees
- Previous experience handling oil and/or chemicals is preferred
- Working knowledge of ISO 9000:2008 Standard
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in using ERP software
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.